In this tutorial, you will learn how to write an ALFA policy to secure access to a purchase order system.
During this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Define policy and policy sets.
- Use target clauses to determine if policies/policy sets/rules are relevant.
- Use different combining algorithms to obtain the correct overall result.
- Define attributes to be used to drive the outcome.
- Create obligations and advice to react to outcomes.
- Use functions to manipulate attributes.
Note This tutorial assumes you have a basic knowledge of ALFA and the OASIS policy model and have access to the Enforcer REPL for experimenting with policies.
In this tutorial, you will evolve a set of policies for Acme Corp's Finance department. Using your browser of choice, open up a new tab for the Enforcer REPL. Your browser will contain the following image.
Configure the editor theme, font size, and width to your preferences. Remove the current policy definition, so you are ready to start with a clean page.